15 June 2012

Communication issues

We all know - well, at least the raiders do - that communication is a tremendously important part of raiding, no matter which MMO you're playing. Always check and double check if everyone knows what they're doing, where they should be standing, who should be rezzed first and so forth. Failing to do so usually means that the group is going to experience a very painful wipe.

Of course everyone in my raid group knows that... but that's not what I was going to write about.

So once again we were running T2 shadow. We had gathered a very solid group of players - fortunately most FCers had decided to show up and were actually there for the raid - and were standing in front of the first trash pull in the shadow wing, waiting for our raid leader to give us instructions. He told us what we had to do and did a ready check.


"Hey guys, why didn't you CC/heal/DPS/tank when I said I was going in?"
Yeah, well, about that...


THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL:
"Ward, did you accidentally mute your mic again?"
*awkward silence*
*crackle* "... oh jeez, that was my bad..."

Well done.

5 comments:

  1. So sad I am missing all the fun wipes :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there done that :D Great read again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the emergency "GTFO". Captain hits Last Stand and everyone runs for the door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it when the mobs don't reset for some reason and the cappy just stands by the door and tries to look cool with his LS. :P

      Delete
    2. He's just putting it on, looking cool. He's probably thinking "Oh no why did I waste my LS for this?"

      Delete